For information on Canadian telephone area codes and phone numbers used for regular service, 10-digit local dialing, and numbers used for special services, visit www.cnac.ca.
For information on Internet Protocol Relay Service, visit the MTS Internet Relay Service support page.
The following three-digit N-1-1 phone numbers are used to provide easy access to services of broad public interest:
- 2-1-1 Public Information and Referral Service – for non-emergency requests for information on community social, health and government services
- 3-1-1 Non-emergency Municipal Government Services
- 4-1-1 Local Directory Assistance, provided by your local telephone service provider
- 5-1-1 Weather and Traveler Information Services
- 6-1-1 Repair Service, provided by your local telephone service provider
- 7-1-1 Message Relay Service, allows communication through an intermediary operator between a person using a teletypewriter (or equivalent device) and a person using a standard telephone
- 8-1-1 Non-urgent Health Care Telephone Triage Service
- 9-1-1 Emergency Service
Not all services are available in all areas. Qualifying governments or agencies may email MTS at email@example.com to arrange for implementation of 2-1-1, 3-1-1, 5-1-1, 8-1-1 or 9-1-1.